- About us
- Professional development
- Campus Life
- About us
- Professional development
- Campus Life
MA in Economics (recognition of the previous learning, USAID project "Ednet Academy", Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2004)
Omniversity, Inc., Mobile, Alabama, United States, 2007
Specialist’s degree in Jurisprudence, International lawyer
Kazakh Institute of Law and International Relations, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2002
Thematic areas of research specialization
Early childhood education and care, school education policy and reform,
Teacher education and teacher professional development,
Educational technology in schools
Yeldos B. Nurlanov is a junior researcher at the Research Institute of Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education. Prior to joining Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education, Yeldos has served as a principal of the Astana Humanitarian (Pedagogical) College under the Mayor's Office. He has led the College during its transition to public-private partnership, provided leadership in smooth rejuvenating of the top management, implementing HR principles in the teacher professional development, recruiting students and ensuring public finance (academic year 2018/19). Also, he was a senior manager at the Information-Analytic Centre of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (MoES). He coordinated several national and international studies on early childhood and school education (2015-2018), including OECD (Reviews of Early childhood education and care, TALIS, Education-2030, PIAAC, etc.) and IEA projects (PIRLS, TIMSS, etc.).
Yeldos worked for the Center for scientific research of the Altyrsarin National Academy of Education. He was a researcher and participated in adapting and explaining renewed primary school curricula (2013-2015). Yeldos is a co-author of the Concept on increasing effectiveness based on learning technologies. He collaborated in piloting this concept in one of the gymnasium school in Nur-Sultan (2011-2013) . He is an editor and co-author of the biology and ecology textbooks and teachers’ guide books within the Kazakh-Russian collaborative project (2003-2011). Moreover, he has experience in teaching at two colleges and providing legal support for the state enterprises activities.
Research Interests and Current Projects
Yeldos’ research interests include early childhood education and care, school education policy and reform, teacher education and teacher professional development, educational technology in schools. He has been involved in developing the National report on the state and development of the education system of the RK (2015, 2018, 2019), the State program for development of education and science for 2020-2025 and the Teacher status law. For his contribution, he was awarded a certificate of honor of the Minister of Education and Science of the RK Askhat Aymagambetov. Currently he takes part in projects to develop ethical requirements for educational research and the study of the quality of teacher education.
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
Kazakhstan Educational Research Association (KERA), Professional Union of Workers in Education and Science of Kazakhstan, The Academic Council of A. Baitursynuly Education Academy; The Public Council for Education and Science, Protection of Children's Rights under the MoES; The Board of Trustees in the Humanitarian College under the Nur-Sultan City Mayor's Office.
Selected Publications and Policy Papers
▪ National Report on the State and Development of the Education System of the Republic of Kazakhstan (for the year 2017) (short version): Y. Nurlanov, М. Amangazy, G. Nogaibayeva, А. Akhmetzhanova, G. Karbayeva, М. Dauliyev, Y. Korotkikh, D. Abdrasheva, М. Shakenova, А. Duissengali, N. Kassymbekova. - Astana: IAC JSC, 2018. - 170 p.
▪ «Результаты Казахстана в PIRLS-2016», 2018 год: Национальный отчет/ Е.Б. Нурланов, А.Д. Байгулова, Б.А. Картпаев, М. Амангазы, Е. Сабырулы, Г.А. Ногайбаева – Астана: АО «Информационно-аналитический центр», 2018 – 155 стр.
▪ Елдос Нұрланов, Гүлбаршын Ноғайбаева, Ерлікжан Сабырұлы. Ауылдағы мектеп білімінің сапасы: ұлттық және халықаралық бағалау нәтижелерін талдау // Қоғам және дәуір № 4, 2018. 82–92-б.
▪ Irsaliyev S.E., Karabassova L.Ch., Mukhametzhanova A.Z., Adil A.B., Bekova M.A., Nurlanov Y.B. Teaching in three languages: International experience and recommendations for Kazakhstan / In Kazakh, Russian and English languages - JSC «InformationAnalytic Center», Astana, 2017. - 184 p.
▪ Нурланов Е. Б. Организация полиязычного обучения в системе образования: международный опыт и рекомендации для Казахстана // сайт АО «Информационно-аналитический центр». 2017. http://iac.kz/ru/publishing/organizaciya-poliyazychnogo-obucheniya-v-sisteme-obrazovaniya-mezhdunarodnyy-opyt-i (дата обращения: 20.01.2020)
▪ Нурланов Е. (2015) Как вырастить гения с пеленок? // Комсомольская правда, 24 сентября.
Link to English translation - http://iac.kz/en/publishing/how-raise-child-be-genius-birth
▪ Нурланов Е.Б. Лидерство как неотъемлемый компонент инновационной деятельности педагогов и менеджеров образования (опыт Великобритании) // «Білім берудегі инновация: ізденіс және шешім»