Application Requirements for Ph.D. in Education program
Applicants applying to the Ph.D in Education are expected to submit following documents:
1. completed on-line application form which is available at www.admissions.nu.edu.kz;
2. a notarized copy of identity card or passport;
3. notarized copies of diplomas and transcripts (or equivalents) from all full-time undergraduate and postgraduate education. Candidates in the last year of study may submit official transcript from university if they do not yet have a diploma, and have to submit a notarized copy of diploma once it is issued (a minimum CGPA of 2.75);
4. English language proficiency test report (IELTS or TOEFL equivalent), valid for the application period. The minimum score requirements are 7.0 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0) on the IELTS test or the TOEFL equivalent. Deadline for submission IELTS/TOEFL certificate is May 31st, 2017 (including).
Applicants who earned their academic degree in a country with English as the language of official communication and instruction are exempt from submitting IELTS or TOEFL test reports.
5. applicants may submit a copy of GRE scores valid for the application period, if any, which will be considered in making admissions decisions by the Admissions Committee;
6. personal statement outlining the applicant’s reasons for wishing to enroll in the Ph.D. in Education program, her or his long-term career objectives, and how the program would help her or him to achieve these objectives;
7. written research proposal outlining the background, aims, methods and significance of a research topic the applicant would like to pursue in the Graduate School of Education. (Note: if a candidate is admitted, the candidate has the right to choose another research in consultation with research supervisor);
8. three letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on the abilities of the candidate in the professional setting and are familiar with the applicant’s achievements and future aspirations. Letters must be sent from the corporate electronic addresses.
The Admissions Committee keeps the right to invite for additional interviews if necessary. They may take place on campus, by Skype, or by telephone.
All documents shall be submitted in English or with a notarized English translation before the deadline.
How to submit documents:
Application form is submitted electronically. For more detailed information follow the link.
Enquiries about the programme and the application process can be directed to email@example.com or to +7 (7172) 69-49-53, 70-93-69.
Note: In case your application progresses to the next stage, you will be asked to provide the notarized copies of ID or passport, diplomas and transcripts (with notarized English translation) and original copies of other documents.*
* Applicants who obtained their degree diplomas/certificates from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcripts to be sent directly to the following address: Admissions Department, 53, Kabanbay Batyr ave., Astana 010000, Kazakhstan. .
On line registration period for Master's and Ph.D programs: 15 January - 30 April 2018