Jason Sparks holds a Ph.D. in Educational Policy Studies from the University of Illinois. He has worked as a secondary school teacher in the US, and has also held university positions at the University of Sheffield in the UK and at Konkuk University in Korea. His publications focus on the globalization of education and the use of ICT to support teaching. In the GSE, he teaches mainly on the M.Sc. Educational Leadership program.
EDUC 608 Preparing Children for the Future: Skills and Employability
EDUC 800 International Study
EDUC 711 Globalization and Education
EDUC 651 Viva Voce
• Sparks, J., Ashirbekov, A., Parmenter, L., Jumakulov , Z., & Sagintayeva, A. (2015) Becoming Bologna capable: Strategic cooperation and capacity building in International Offices in Kazakhstani HEIs. In Curaj, A., Matei, L., Pricopie, R., Salmi, J. & Scott, P. (Eds). The European Higher Education Area: Between critical reflections and future policies. Springer, pp.109-126.
• Rutkowski, D., & Sparks, J. (Accepted). The new scalar politics of evaluation: An emerging governance role for evaluation. Evaluation: The International Journal of Theory, Research and Practice.
• Sparks J., Ashirbekov A. Internationalizing higher education institutions in Kazakhstan // KazNU Bulletin. – 2015. - №1(44). – P. 102-108
• Corcoran, T., & Sparks, J. (2014). Inquiry-based learning with international students: An exploration in pedagogic values. In G. S. Goodman (Ed.) Educational Psychology Reader: The Art and Science of How People Learn.New York: Peter Lang, pp. 527-541.
• Rutkowski, D., Rutkowski, L., & Sparks, J. (2011). Information and communications technologies support for 21st-Century teaching: An international analysis. Journal of School Leadership, 21(2), 190-215.
• Rizvi, F., Engel, L., Rutkowski, D., & Sparks, J. (2007). Equality and the politics of globalization in education. In G. K. Verma, C. R. Bagley & M. M. Jha (Eds.), International perspectives on educational diversity and inclusion: Studies from America, Europe and India (pp. 3- 20). London: Routledge.
• Rizvi, F., Engel, L., Rutkowski, D., & Sparks, J. (2006) Globalization and recent shifts in educational policy in the Asia Pacific: An overview of some critical issues. UNESCO: Bangkok.
Graduate School of Education
53 Kabanbay Batyr Ave.,
Astana, 010000, Republic of Kazakhstan