Sulushash Kerimkulova is an Associate Professor in the GSE. Sulushash obtained her diploma of a Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences from the USSR Academy of Pedagogical Sciences, Moscow in 1987. She also holds a diploma of a Docent (equivalent to Associate Professor in Kazakhstan), PG Cert certificate (Scotland UK) and PhD and Associate Professor certificate (Global Evaluation Services, New York, USA). She is a winner of 11 different grants (including Fulbright grant) and has 33 years of teaching experience having taught at Teachers’ Training Institute and Taraz State University in Taraz and Kazakh British Technical University in Almaty. Along with teaching experience Sulushash has 20 years of extensive administrative and managerial experience in higher educational institutions in Kazakhstan serving in different times as the Chair of the FL department, Dean of the School, Director of Linguistic Centre, Head of Academic-and-Methodical Centre, Head of Quality Assurance Department. This experience was enriched by her 3 year work as a Director of Academic Quality Systems Department at Nazarbayev University which she did prior to joining Graduate School of Education and her participation in a number of higher education attestation and accreditation commissions, including international ones. She is the author of more than 50 scholarly and methodical papers and manuals on the issues of higher education, educational reform, English language teaching methodology, ICT in ELT. In the GSE she teaches mainly on the MSc Educational Leadership program.
EDUC 602 Educational Context and Reform in Kazakhstan
EDUC 620 Fundamentals of Higher Education
EDUC 650 Thesis Seminar (School Leadership)
EDUC 651 Thesis Seminar (Higher Education)
EDUC 603 Tutorial
- Kerimkulova, S.I. (2009, November). The Use of Computer Technology in Teaching English as a Foreign Language in Kazakhstan. In ICERI 2009 International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation Proceedings. Conference conducted by International Association of Technology, Education and Development, Madrid, Spain.
- Kerimkulova, S.I. (2009, March). Integrating Project Work into Content-Based Instruction: Experiences from Kazakhstan. In INTED 2009 International Technology, Education and Development Conference Proceedings. Conference conducted by International Association of Technology, Education and Development, Valencia, Spain.
- Kerimkulova, S.I. (2010, April). ICT and Educational Reform in Kazakhstan. In A.C. Shoniregun (Chair), CICE 2010 Canada International Conference on Education, Proceedings. Conference conducted by the Higher Education Academy, Toronto, Canada.
- Kerimkulova Proceedings, S.I. (2010, December). ICT in ELT in Kazakhstan: Teachers’ Beliefs and Practices. In ACE 2010 The Second Asian Conference on Education Proceedings “Internationalization or Globalization”? Conference conducted by the International Academic Forum, Osaka, Japan.
- Kerimkulova, S.I. (2011, November). Internationalization of Higher Education in Kazakhstan: New Trends and Developments. In ICERI 2011 International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation Proceedings. Conference conducted by International Association of Technology, Education and Development, Madrid, Spain.
Graduate School of Education
Kabanbay Batyr Avenue, 53, 010000 Astana
Republic of Kazakhstan
Office: +7(7172) 70 6144